Thursday, March 02, 2006

AHA!!!!

I decided last night, after talking to a couple of ladies from church, that I will go to the retreat after my son's wrestling meet, assuming nothing really big happens to prevent it. I may not get there very early; and, sorry to say, I will probably miss Chris's presentation. But I will get Saturday evening and Sunday morning for fellowship and fun. Blake's meet is only about 10 miles from the retreat center so Paul will drop me off afterward and I will catch a ride home with one of the ladies. Woo Hoo. Paul is happy for me too and has tried all week to help me find a way to work this out. Seems so obvious now. I guess I felt like I had to make it an all or nothing thing. I have made another decision based on this one. I will not try to avoid sugar anymore this week; I will start that again on Monday. In the name of fellowship, and being one with my sisters in Christ, I will plan to partake of all the chocolate and fresh cookies. Anything for unity. I think I saw a brownie mix in my pantry; why wait 'til Saturday....

Please pray for Paul and his parents. Paul's grandmother (actually his stepdad's mom) was put into a nursing home this week after suffering a cracked vertabrae. She is 95. His parents hope to bring her home to care for her soon, as they did with my mother-in-law's dad for 3 years. Paul loves Grandma dearly and has been so good to her over the years, as she has been to him.
I know his heart is heavy and he worries about her and tries to find time in his crazy schedule to go down and visit him.

4 comments:

Chris said...

YAY!!!!!

I'm so glad!!!

I'll be praying for Paul's family.

Chris said...

BTW - is your friend also going to be coming to the retreat?

HW said...

no, Chris, my friend cannot come. She is having parenting issues (teenagers) and some health problems. I know she would have loved it, though.

Beaner said...

Glad you'll be there! (And I'm glad we'll be sharing the chocolate too!)