Monday, March 20, 2006

They like me. They REALLY like me....

Well to those of you who read this blog (yes, both of you) - thanks for your thoughts and prayers regarding my job interview. I was offered the job and I will start on Monday. He wanted me to start at the end of the week, I think, but I told him I had some loose ends to tie up. What I really meant was that I need to get my hair colored and go shoe shopping.
I have to be finger printed and drug tested next week. I also have to get my references sent to him.
My husband is on his way to London. It's kind of lonely coming home with such news and have nobody to share it with. But at the same time, I haven't felt this validated in a LONG time. My husband is tremendously supportive and respectful of me, but I guess to feel valued by somebody else just feels a little better than it probably should.
So. I will be hanging up the blue jeans and sweat suits and tennis shoes and looking for some professional attire. Frankly, I kind of dread it. I'm not a fan of skimpy and tight so it may be a little tough to find something that does not look like something my mother would wear.

On the bummer side of life - We might be getting a snow storm tonight. That is good if you are sleeping in and missing school. But we have a paper route. This will be our first time to run the route in bad snowy weather. Blake has given his notice, though, so we only have a couple more weeks. So, if we are snowed in tomorrow (after throwing papers) I will spend the time cleaning out my closet. That could turn into a week-long series so keep checking in.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

Congrats!!! I like your idea of loose ends!
I hope you guys make it through the snow....but hopefully it'll blow South!
BTW - make sure you avoid those poppyseed bagels/muffins before your drug test! ;-)

Chris said...

YAY YOU!!!