Tuesday, March 21, 2006

If you don't have anything nice to say.....

I am not going to blog today.
Because I don't have anything real nice to say and I think I would complain too much. So I am not going to blog.
If I did blog today I would probably tell everybody:

I got a new job yesterday after 15 years as a stay-at-home mom and my husband was flying across the ocean and couldn't share the excitement/fear with me. I don't blame him at all but I sometimes get really tired of dealing with life's big deals (and little deals) alone.

I delivered papers in a blizzard today and disappointed my son because we were 30 minutes late. Later I found out the office left a recording on their line telling customers the paper may not come at all. You mean I didn't HAVE to get out in this weather? I didn't even have to pull out of my driveway, let alone drive those country roads? So, paper customers...since you really didn't have to get a paper at all today, let's see some big TIPS on next month's statement!

I drove into somebody's yard today because I thought their circle drive was smaller than it is and I couldn't see a thing. I really hope the snow and wind picked up after that to cover my tracks. Of course, it was the home of the "hot girl from Warrensburg" who Blake talks to on the phone. So I guess if you have tire tracks in your yard you can ignore that TIPS comment.

Note: the preceding two items occurred before dawn today.

I talked to my mom last night and she shot about 12 verbal poison darts at me for not contacting her over the weekend. I gave a baby shower for 70 people on Saturday and spent most of Sunday in Bloomington (the best part of my week) and my husband left for London yesterday so I kind of wanted some time with him. But no matter how many times I apologized and she said "oh, it's ok..." she kept coming back to the fact that none of her four kids called, she didn't come to Decatur because I didn't return her call, blah, blah, blah. I have 2 brothers and a sister. I say spread the guilt evenly.

I bought new work clothes yesterday and beat myself up because they weren't the size 4 or 6 I wore when Kayla was 2. I am on 2 medications that have made me gain weight but, believe me that side effect is better than the problem. I have 2 friends who went off one of these meds because of the side effect. Fine, be miserable. At least I feel good everyday. But there is still that wistfulness......And shame on me for letting it matter.

My house is a wreck.

So, I am not going to blog today because that is all I would talk about and none of it is really positive.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

I'm kinda dreading calling my mom because it's been a little while & I might get a helping of the guilt. I say the phone works 2 ways!
I'm glad Dwight doesn't do his trips to Wash. D.C. anymore.....I feel for ya there!!!
Tomorrow is a new day (yay!) Blugs!