Thursday, March 09, 2006

A HISTORY OF MY THEOLOGICAL DISCUSSIONS WITH BLAKE

note: I eventually answered all of these questions, I am recording here my first response...

Blake (age 3): Mommy, those men who nailed Jesus to the cross....will they be in Heaven?
Mommy: UHHHH

Blake (age 4):Mommy, you do know that Daddy can NEVER fall in love with another woman...?
Michael (his 4 year old friend): Yeah, cauth thath, adultewy and that'th a thin.....
Mommy: what have you two been talking about in pre-school anyway....?

Blake (with hands on hips, age 6): Mom, if drinking alcohol is wrong for some people, why did Jesus turn water into wine at that wedding....?
Mommy:UHHHHH

Blake(age 8ish) Mom, what kind of girl will I marry?
Mom: I hope you marry someone who loves Jesus as much as we do.
Blake: well, yeah...I'm not gonna marry a girl who prays to a gold cow like those people with Moses.

Blake(age 8ish again after a sermon on gambling...yes gambling): Now, what are we gonna tell Grandma about those lottery tickets she buys...?
Mom: giggle, giggle

Blake (age 14 1/2): Mom, do you believe God made everything? I mean everything in nature...trees, plants, animals?
Mom: yes, I do Blake.
Blake: then, what possible reason could he have had for creating marijuana?
Mom(somewhat smugly because she thinks she knows this one): well, marijuana has some medicinal purposes, such as fighting nausea in chemo therapy patients. It probably started out as something to help us and like so many things God made for us, once man got hold of it, it was abused.
Blake: ok, what about tobacco....?
Mom:I KNOW I had some chapstick in my purse.......

1 comment:

Beaner said...

And what about hops? I only know 1 purpose for hops!!!!