Friday, March 24, 2006

these boots weren't made for running...

Is it true that if your feet stay cold and wet, then you'll catch a cold? If so, I will be sniffling until July. My feet have been cold and wet for two days. Wanna know why? Cause I delivered papers in the blizzard.
On the day of the blizzard I war my new snow boots. I bought them late in the season (50% off!) and also bought Blake some because his old boots are a size 9 and he is wearing a 14 now. I also bought Kayla some because....well, we found some cute ones on sale for her too. Anyway, mine are realy cute - Land's End, suede, mid calf length, and they zip up the back (not quite so handy after all) But they are comfy and look pretty good with my pants tucked into them on a snowy day. But. They are not made for running. I wore them in the blizzard, and the day after for the paper route, and I ran alot to get done quickly. Well, yesterday I noticed a big blister on my heel. By last night it had popped and my sock was sticking to it. So yesterday and today I had to wear my tennis shoes, which left my feet cold and wet. It still hurts to walk - I am kind of walking like this: step, ow, step, ow, step, ow. Today I did no running; not necessarily because of the pain but because I noticed Blake wasn't running. Well, if this 14 year old athlete doesn't have to run then his 39 year old mother who has a blister on her heel doesn't have to run either.
So there. And the good news is....Paul gets home tonight and I don't intend to get up for this paper route tomorrow or the next day. No Alarm clock. As my mom used to say on Friday nights "tomorrow morning, I'm gonna sleep 'til I wake up!"

No comments: