Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kayla has been invited to go to Harding's Spring Sing. A wonderful young woman at church has invited her. My first thought was that she'd get bored for three days with nobody else there who is her age. Now we have found out that some friends from here in town are also going.
Here's the thing. I dread letting her go. I totally trust the person taking her and I know she will have the time of her life. It just seems that about six weeks ago she started having the same busy social life as Blake. I'm not trying to hold her back. It just seems to have snuck up on me and said "Boo!!" - this growing up thing she has done. For a couple years it was just a way of life - that Blake was on the go all the time and Kayla was home being the little sister that never got to do anything. Now. Whammy!! She's on the go too. She has always loved to go places and spend the night. When she was 4, she stayed with my mom for a night. Well, it started out for one night but she called about 6 times in one evening trying to expand her visit. I finally said "put Grandma on the phone." So I told my mom that she should quit letting Kayla call me - it was running up her phone bill. Grandma said "I didn't know she'd been calling you...." Yes, Kayla had learned her phone number and used it quite nicely to turn her one night trip to Grandmas into 3 nights. So I know she will have a great time. I took a poll at lunch today and my two best friends said let her go. So I guess we will. She will be gone on Easter Morning, but she doesn't seem to mind that. She will turn 12 two days after she gets home. She doesn't seem to mind that either.

No comments: