Wednesday, March 15, 2006

COLOR ME LUCKY

Here is my cell phone conversation with Paul from yesterday:

H: Hi. I am at Dollar Tree and they don't have the napkins I need for the shower and I won't be home in time for the kids if I run to the party store. Can we stop by the party store on our way out of town?
P:Sure. But I'd be glad to stop by and get what you need as I pass it after work.
H:Great. Write this down. I need a pack of luncheon napkins in green - think John Deere Tractors. And a pack of luncheon napkins in yellow...
P:what should I think in yellow...?
H: Sunflowers. And a pack of beverage napkins each in the same green and yellow. Also, beverage napkins in blue - Navy blue. Not trojan blue*. Also, beverage napkins in red.
P:(jotting things down ) Noooot trojjjjjjan bluuuue. Naavy. Now for the red, just red...?
H:Yeah, just red. Thanks. I love you.

30 minutes later at home:

P:I am at the Party store and I am having napkin issues.
H:well, then forget it, honey, I'll do it tomorrow, no big deal.
P:No, it's fine. They don't have any John Deere or Sunflower napkins in luncheon size, they only have dinner size. They are a total of 2 inches bigger.
H:That's fine. Get those.
P: Do you know HOW MANY colors of napkins and table covers they have at this store?
H: yeah, isn't it fun.....? That's why I had to say John Deere and Sunflower....

*Trojan blue is royal blue. Trojan is our school mascot. Could we have a WORSE name? We are actually the MF Trojans.

So this is the kind of guy I have. I occasionally ask God why I was blessed with him. Whatever I did to deserve him, I'm tickled pink.

4 comments:

Beaner said...

LOL!!! Haven't you had those phone conversations from the store about how many different kinds of PADS there are?????

BTW - I was a Trojan too!(different school)
The St. Turibius Trojans! At least I didn't have the MF in front!!! Have a great day!

HW said...

oh yeah, the pad/tampon conversaton. I have started showing him the box before he goes to the store now...

Chris said...

You mean your guys will ACTUALLY BUY those for you?!? WOW! LOL!

Beaner said...

LOL Karrie!