Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SOMEBODY'S ANGRY

We have this routine in the morning.

And when I say "we" I mean Paul.

Paul has this routine in the morning. He gets up at 5:15, runs five miles (sometimes 7 - and nobody is chasing him) and then comes home to take our dog for a quick walk at the park across the street.

I would join Paul for this routine if not for the 5:15 part. Or the running part. Or the walking the dog part. Other than that....

"Our" routine was a little off today.

And I found evidence of that on my purple bathroom rug when I got up. Our bathroom was occupied so I had to come down to our half bath first thing this morning.

Guess what I found there? Right in the middle of the purple rug?

Guess. Go ahead, guess.

A big pile of dog poo.

I AM NOT KIDDING.

"COOOOOOKIEEEEEEEE!! COOKIE!!! COME. HERE."

She obeyed but she wouldn't look at me.

GUILTY!

"Did you do this? Did you? Did you make this mess on my rug?"

Still no eye contact. AND she wouldn't look at the rug.

GUILTY!

I questioned her for several minutes but she kept denying any involvement.

Then she lawyered up.

So I went upstairs and interrogated Paul through the shower curtain.

"Honey? Did Cookie get her walk today?"

"No, I'm pressed for time."

"Oh, well, then. She pooped on the bathroom rug."

"YOU'RE KIDDING? Well, I let her out earlier."

So we have a rebel on our hands.

We are certain she pooped on our purple rug because she was mad at Paul for skipping the walk.

In ten years, she's never done anything like this. One time she ran through her electric fence when I brought her home from the kennel. I think she was mad at me that time.

But pooping on the rug?

POOPING ON THE RUG?

Should I call a pet psychiatrist?

3 comments:

Kandi said...

Oh, my! I'd be angry too!! Delilah rebels from time to time but so far that hasn't happened with dog poop...

HW said...

K-
It is so unlike Cookie. She is such a sweet and loyal dog. I can't get over the fact that she betrayed me like this. Woe is me.
If it was an accident wouldn't it have happened by the door while she was waiting to go out?

At least she got the right room....

Photo Mommy said...

I love how our pets are such a part of our family!
My dog Chloe ate half of my then boyfriends' pizza when we were on tour. When we came back to the trailer, she was curled up in a corner she NEVER hangs out in with her head down looking away from us.
I have never seen an animal looking and feeling so obviously guilty. The pizza must have just been too irresistable for chloe.
LOL Cookie must have been quite upset to break character like that!